Little Blue Bird, A Pillow and my Love of Little Plates and Old Buttons.......

 Dear Friends,


I have been busy making
a "Mug Mat" this week.
I entered a swap over
at Donna's Blog!
Please click onto
the picture on my side
bar for more info!!
There is still time to
join this great swap
which is open till
February 1st.!

As a few of you might know
I love to draw and paint.
I made this little Blue
bird with Oil Pastels
and pencil. I would
like to make a series
of birds for a nature
journal this year.
I will post a different
bird as I go along
throughout the year
to show you my progress.
I am self taught and not
an expert by any means.
I just love doing it thats all.

I also wanted to share
this darling little pillow
with you...(which I did
not make). I found it
at my favorite Antique Mall
and think it is just so adorable!!
Don't you? The key is vintage
as well as the fabrics.

One of my obsessions is collecting
small plates, saucers, etc. I found these
lovely little plates last weekend. The
one with the raised blue flowers is
rather hefty in weight and is felted
on the bottom, it is meant to hold
your jewelry so pretty and both
were only a dollar!!

I also bought the sweet red flower buttons
and a bag of vintage white buttons as well.

What little things do you like to
buy that you can't resist at the
antique shops? Write and tell
me ok??

Blessings for a Lovely
Day!!

Love to All,

Susan
xxoo






Comments

  1. You asked the wrong person ... I have to control myself when in an antique mall. TRULY, I do. It would be china, tea cups, etc.

    Your bird is wonderful, very talented, you are.

    Have a wonderful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweatheart, hope life is going well. Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how your mug mat turns out! I'm in the swap, too! I just adore your bluebird...it's awesome!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet things you show today. Personally I am not into antique stores, I'm more of a thrift store kind of gal. I don't collect dishes but I have inherited some pretty things from grandmothers. The buttons I would be gathering. I look forward to seeing your nature journal progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan- I had no idea that you loved to draw and paint- you do have great talents! That bird is beautiful! Love all of your new found treasures- especially the buttons- love love love buttons!

    Sending prayers my friend--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buttons always call my name, as well as lace and hankies. I have quite a collection of plates too! So much fun stuff. The bird is really great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful and Romantic Giveaway....Celebrating 100 Followers

My First Giveaway and Celebrating My Birthday!!