From Trash to Treasure


scan0007
Originally uploaded by sjmcdowell
You never know what you can cook up in your imagination.
I was about to throw away my next empty International foods Coffee
can when I thought there had to be another use for it.
So this little can and a few of it's friends has been sitting in my craft room for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday I was thinking of one more gift to give to my neighbor next door for her birthday when my eye's wandered over to those poor coffee cans...it was one of those Ta Da moments, ya know...thay happen every few centuries... anyway I was thinking well she loves to garden and the Garden Girl journal I have posted here is nice but...something else....well she loves to cook so looking at the can I took it's lid off turned it over looked inside and thought... ummmm recipes...I have four kitchen magnets....put some cute paper on it...a bit of rick rack....a little message on the top...scoured my recipes...(for small recipe cards).....punched a hole in the corner with reinforcement rings.....attached tag with word Recipe on it...butterfly stamped on back...(that you can't see)...Well thats it...I think it's cute as a button.
I am wrapping all her gifts in a cute dish towel I found and then putting everything in a basket for her along with some seed packets. Sorry about the picture...do you know how hard it is to scan a coffee tin, and magnets trying to slide down on the glass scanner top...ha ha, not easy folks!

Have a Super Duperlicious Weekend Dear Friends!!

Comments

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. You asked about inchies. I've made a few over the years and participated in a couple of swaps. I found it easiest to use a piece of Timtex or Peltex that had bonding on both sides. I cut a piece about 6" x 6" or whatever size you will need to make the number of inchies you want. I bonded fabric to both the front and back and then embellished with decorative machine stitches, couching, decorative threads, metallic threads, etc. I then cut the piece into 1" squares. Next I did a machine satin stitch around the edges. I then added my embellishments (beads, buttons, crystals, charms, etc) Oh yeah, sign the back before you do the final embellishments.
    Hope this helps. They are fun to make and this method goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for popping over for a visit. I love your creative gift creations for your neighbor, too cute. The rosettes are beautiful, also.

    Happy St Patrick's Day ~
    Have a beautiful week.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm a sucker for these little tins...and Altoid tins...and miniature chocolate tins...*sigh*. I just know they would all come in handy someday for various crafty reasons. Hopefully I will have some "ta daaa" moments myself. Thanks for the inspiration! ; )
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful and Romantic Giveaway....Celebrating 100 Followers

My First Giveaway and Celebrating My Birthday!!