A Dry Sink Do Over!!

 Hi Sweet Friends,

I tackled a new DIY project
last week and wanted to show
you what I had done.

I bought this cute little Dry Sink
a couple of weeks ago and thought
it would go well in my antiques booth.
This cute Dry Sink was "stark" white
and I felt it need some depth of character.

And soooo





 I bought a tube of heavy body Acrylic paint in a tube by Liquitex in Neutral Gray.
 I thought black would be too harsh a color...I think the gray worked out really well.


Using the heavy bodied
acrylic gave me some play
and flexibility where I wanted
the color to go. I also kept a damp
cloth close by if I did not like what
I did, I could just wipe it off and start
again.

I lined the drawer as well with 
some cool vintage book pages
with Mod-Podge in Gloss/luster.








So her the little Dry Sink sits...waiting for someone to fall in love with it!!!
So my friends what have you been up to lately??


Don't forget my Giveaway is still going on till
the 20th of February.

Create something beautiful...or just dream beautiful thoughts

Love and Grace,

Susan
xxoo


Comments

  1. Wishing you lived closer so I could get that dry sink, Susan. She is adorably dreamy!!!

    Happy Valentine's
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan,

    I love how you spruced up the little dry sink. I also love your antiques booth. I wish you much success with it. I have been having so much fun with my new hobby (blog land) and I will never forget how sweet you were to me when I reached out to you. I have been making some fun things too!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Patty pattysprettiescards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little piece Susan - it looks great in your booth. I´m sure someone will fall in love with this very soon.
    Happy Valentine´s Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shabby chic applied elegance...sometimes pure white just won't do! Great job.

    Ciao bella.
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your space just looks better and better. Nice job on the dry sink! Happy valentines day to you! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. Now the funny thing is we have one we are working on now. I have decided to remove the door and keep the one drawer......as id...for a visual different look. I need to line the inside of the drawer. Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, The dry sink turned out beautifully. I am sure it will be gone in a sec. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful and Romantic Giveaway....Celebrating 100 Followers

My First Giveaway and Celebrating My Birthday!!